Welcome to the TWiki of the Particle Data Group
This TWiki provides information for PDG collaborators
about the new computing system. Other information is available:
How to get Started
The new PDG Computing System supports all activities of the PDG collaboration through a set of web-based tools. Most of these tools are accessed through a single portal called PdgWorkspace
. The URL of this portal is:
In order to access PdgWorkspace
, you need:
- A username. Your username is your e-mail address unless you requested something different or used the PDG ordering system and chose a different username.
- A password. When accessing PdgWorkspace for the first time, or if you forgot your password, request a new password by clicking on Forgot user name or password on the PdgWorkspace login page. A new temporary password that you will have to change right after logging in will be e-mailed to you.
- Your e-mail address must be associated with your role(s) in PDG and must be authorized for access to PdgWorkspace. Your overseer (or coordinator) will tell you when this has been done.
If you encounter any difficulties accessing PdgWorkspace, or if you have not been given access but would like to start using PdgWorkspace, please Piotr Zyla
When you log into PdgWorkspace
, the system knows your role and responsibilities in PDG, and will give you access to the corresponding tools. These tools may include the following:
The encoding tool supports the full encoding cycle for entering new results into the Listings. It is used by Literature Searchers, Encoders, Overseers, and Coordinators.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the encoding interface, please see PDG encoding instructions
Review Authoring Tool
The review authoring tool supports the authoring and management of review articles. It is used by review authors, referees, overseers, and coordinators.
- Contact person: Juerg Beringer (JBeringer@lbl.gov)
- Feedback mailing list: coming soon
For more detailed instructions on how to use the encoding interface, please see PDG review authoring instructions
The monitoring tool is a comprehensive tool for monitoring the status of PDG work as well as the new computing system itself.
Various administrative tools support different tasks such as managing the ordering system, creating user accounts, etc.
is a web application for browsing the contents of the PDG database. It contains the information published in the Review of Particle Physics (the PDG book).
Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)
- I didn't find what I need - where can I get help? Depending on what you're looking for, please contact one of the persons listed below:
- For general usage questions about any of the user interfaces, please contact the corresponding UI Contact Person (see above)
- Questions about how to encode something for the Listings: Piotr Zyla and Kathy Copic
- Technical questions about PdgWorkspace: Kirill Lugovsky
- Technical questions about the PDG ordering system: Kirill Lugovsky
- Special requests regarding ordering of PDG products: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions, or if you are unsure whom to ask: Juerg Beringer
- I found a bug or would like to make a suggestion - whom should I contact? Please send an e-mail to the corresponding feedback mailing list (see above).